Once again, we have the battle of the smartphones, where we have the top 2 brands selling pretty much the same device. The differentiating factors / the things in the balance which we use to make our “educated decisions” can be summed up into 3 categories.
- Brand partisan – You either love them or hate them.
- Love them: Yes, there are a lot of people who buy the product solely based on the brand as it’s perceived to be “the cool in thing to have” and provide a certain level of “status”. This isn’t usually the most informed choice, but it does suit the need for most general users.
- Hate them: Where one will never buy the device solely based on the fact of its brand. There are a lot of people who do not follow the trend and will purposefully buy the competing product to have their own sense of “individuality” and “status”.
- Ecosystem – The concept of having everything provided by a single source and building their music, video and media lifestyle around it. It provides a sense of convenience, stemming from comfort and simplicity; which can also make switching to a different brand a difficult choice. This also includes owning the multiple devices, such as tablets or other music players of the same brand.
- The specs – This is the actual performance of the device along with its features and capabilities to fit or expand on your needs. This is when a person compares the 2 smartphones side by side and makes a decision based on a few factors:
- How fast is it?
- How big or small is the screen?
- How much internal memory (storage) does it have, can I expand the storage?
- What connection options does it come with? (USB, HDMI, Lightning, Micro USB, SD Card slot)
- What features, apps or capabilities does it have / come with it?
- How long does the battery last?
- Will it play all my music and movie files?
- And then finally the golden question, “How much will all this cost me?”
Camping is one of my favorite vacation getaways. It’s nice to get away from city life and take a breath of fresh air from nature. The sights, sounds, smells and relaxing qualities make it a perfect break from everyday life. For those of you city-folk, don’t worry, you can have you’re simple luxuries and still enjoy the outdoors.
Planning Where to Camp
If you don’t put an effort into finding the right place to camp, your trip can be ruined from the beginning. Start off right by planning right. The first thing to do is find the general area where you want to camp. I recently camped in Big Sur, CA with my wife and our little dog. We specifically picked a campground that we’ve had a great time at with good facilities and access to necessities.
What Kind of Camper are You?
If you are a city-slicker and can’t live without basic amenities, find a campground with cabins or consider renting an RV and camping at a place with RV hookups. There are plenty of campgrounds that tailor to your needs. If you decide to get an RV, just know that you will be required to learn to operate it correctly. It’s not as simple as driving it to your destination and parking it. You will have electric hookups, water hookups, and waste disposal. Do some research and find out if it’s right for you.
Every store now has that big sign “BACK TO SCHOOL” and for office supply fiends like me, you are chomping at the bit to buy new pens and notepads with colorful highlighters. Or you could be looking for those products that are going to streamline your school year. With all the technology that is now out there, you can just about by some type of tech equipment for every situation! Well here are our top 5 necessities for a long school day on campus!
Labor Day was originally created as a celebration of the American Labor Movement and it is dedicated to the achievements of workers across the U.S.
Now, we do celebrate, but we more or so celebrate having a long weekend off of work!
A glimpse into the future of advertising was seen in the Tom Cruise Sci-Fi movie, Minority Report. This demonstrated the future of possibilities that we’re now starting to see make way in today’s world.
You Need a Vacation!
Here in the United States, people are overworked and overwhelmed by their day to day lives. It’s harder to get away from work and keep your mind off of work. People are taking less time off each year and find it hard to unwind.
Plan Your Vacation
With less time being spent away from work and relaxing, it is best to make the most of what little time you do have. I’ve been on vacations with practically nothing planned and flew by the seat of my pants. This worked out okay, but my best vacations were planned. This does not mean I was always on a strict itinerary or any itinerary at all, but having at least an idea of what you want to do and where you want to eat makes your time much more enjoyable.
People might not see the immediate connection between technology and the Olympics, but in reality it takes a huge role in preparation with the Olympians. For the Olympians, years and months of training go into preparing for the Olympics. They practice constantly and are always looking for innovative ways to enhance their performance and one way to do this is through working with companies to make their outfits and equipment the best on the market. Here are some examples of Olympians training with technology:
- Figure Skaters use high tech sensors which record their movements into 3D images so they can calculate the exact time to begin or end their spin, not only does it enhance their ability of timing but also gives them measurements to give them high velocity or speed in their performance.
- When training for the Biathlon, Olympians use lasers attached to their guns to find their target with more ease because of how fast they are going before they stop to take their shots.
- Snowboarders are constantly working with different companies to create the most aerodynamic clothing to ensure they do not get weighed or slowed down. Under Armour recently created a jacket that would recycle body heat.
Skiers had clothing created that was zipper-less! This made their clothing more lightweight and allowed less water to leak into their clothes.
Everyone is talking about wearable technology right now, but what does that mean for us? Well it means that soon we will be able to wear technology such as performance trackers, mobile updaters, eyewear, and mood readers. With so many options on wearable tech, how do you know what kind is best for you?
Wearable tech is not only a social conversation starter but it is something that others can join in on with you. Many of the new health and fitness trackers have a communal site where you can go check your progression as well as the progression of others. This gives you a sense of community and urgency, not only do you want to stay involved with a group of people but you want to make sure you are keeping up if not exceeding the goals you set for yourself.
Time to start working on that idea or dream you always had, but where to start… funding! With the internet people can research ideas, business templates and everything you need to start your business, except money the internet doesn’t generate funding, until NOW! With new startup company backers, such as Kickstater people all over the world login and read about your project and decide to donate and back ideas and projects on the site. The idea behind Kickstarter is it gives people a voice and platform to show off their ideas and get infront of people they may not have the connections or opportunities to in order to fund their creative projects and get off the ground floor. This includes ideas in any category that you can think of; films, games, music and tech as long as it meets Kickstarter’s guidelines. Once someone meets the guidelines and creates their profile they wait for backers and funding. The filmmakers, musicians, designers or any other type of entrepreneur get to keep 100% ownership of their project. Kickstarter is only a platform for funding and they are not involved in the creation of the project. This still gives the autonomy to the person with the idea to bring everything to fruition the way they envision it.
Now that all our New Year’s Resolutions are made and underway, we need ways to keep them and stay on track through 2014. What better way to do this than with the item that literally never leaves your side… your phone. With all the capabilities on your phone it is absolutely ridiculous not to take advantage of what is right in front of you. With these Top 10 apps you can continue your journey to success!