On Sunday, September 25 the Simpson's started their 23rd season, which includes the 500th episode, which is sure to bring out some interesting cameos. Anyone who's been alive for the past two decades has seen at least one episode, and more likely, a lot more, so it's nearly impossible to pick out a favorite.
Fortunately, the staff at Wired
, took it upon themselves to choose the Best. Simpsons Clips. Ever
, compiling favorites such as the Monorail episode, the Carny episode and many other animated highlights we've all enjoyed.
While the Simpsons have tackled everything from dog racing to obesity, our favorite technology themed episode has to be House of Wacks
from the Halloween episode, Treehouse of Horror XII
, where a recently installed home automation system falls in love with Marge and tries to kill Homer. The Halloween episodes always feature a healthy amount of gore, and this one is no different. Plus, I think we all want our technology gadgets to speak in charming British accents.
As an added treat, below are some famous Simpsons quotes from a selection of main and bit characters. Try your best to identify them in the comments:
- "I brought you a tuna sandwich. They say it's brain food. I guess because there's so much dolphin in it, and you know how smart they are."
- "Me fail English? That's unpossible!"
- "Please do not feed my god a peanut."
- "Remember, you can always find East by staring directly at the sun."
- "Ack. There is no "emoticon" to express what I am feeling right now."
- "All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer."
- "Well, your cholesterol level is lethally high, Homer, but I'm more concerned about your gravy level."
Feel free to share memories of your favorite Simpsons quotes and episodes on via Twitter
, on our Facebook
page or in the comments, and don't forget to tune in on Sundays.
Boo! Happy Halloween from your friends at IOGEAR!