If you’re anything like us, we bet you’d rather beat the heat and spend some quality time with your favorite streaming services instead.
Check out what’s new and what’s leaving our screens in August:
Coming to Netflix in August:
- Reading Rainbow Volume 1 (8/1)
- Sorority Row (8/1)
- The Hurt Locker (8/1)
- Bride & Prejudice (8/1)
- Chronic-Con, Episode 420: A New Dope (8/3)
- HitRecord On Tv Season 1 (8/7)
- Two Days, One Night (8/11)
- For A Good Time Call (8/12)
- The Woman In Black 2: The Angel of Death (8/12)
- Demetri Martin Live (at the time) (8/14)
- Dinotrux (8/14)
- Pariah (8/16)
- Seeking A Friend For The End of The World (8/16)
- Lord of War (8/17)
- Real Husbands of Hollywood Season 3 (8/19)
- Girls Meets World Season 1 (8/23)
- Byzantium (8/27)
- Once Upon A Time Season 4 (8/28)
Leaving Netflix in August
- Titanic (8/1)
- Shooter (8/1)
- Fools Rush In (8/1)
- Face/Off (8/1)
- Driving Miss Daisy (8/1)
- The Fifth Element (8/1)
- Family Ties (8/15)
- Jiro Dreams of Sushi (8/23)
Coming to Amazon Instant in August:
- Curb Your Enthusiasm Seasons 1-8
- The Patriot (8/1)
- Unforgiven (8/1)
- A Most Violent Year (8/7)
- Misery Loves Comedy (8/16)
- The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lava Girl (8/20)
- Kumiko, The Treasure Hunter (8/23)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (8/28)
Coming to HBO Now in August:
- Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
- Charlie’s Angels (8/1)
- A Fish Called Wanda (8/1)
- Four Weddings and a Funeral (8/1)
- John Tucker Must Die (8/1)
- Serenity (8/1)
- Veronica Mars (8/1)
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (8/8)
- The Theory of Everything (8/15)
- Tig Notaro: Boyish Girl, Interrupted (8/22)
- Season Finales:
- Season Finales:
- Ballers: Season 1 (8/23)
- The Brink: Season 1 (8/23)
Leaving HBO Now in August:
- Broken Arrow
- Ender’s Game
- Enemy of the State
- Enough Said
- Eyes Wide Shut
- The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
- Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters
- The Other Woman
- The Wolverine
Coming to Hulu in August:
- 8 Heads in a Duffle Bag (8/1)
- Another Woman (8/1)
- A Bridge Too Far (8/1)
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex (8/1)
- Mr. Mom (8/1)
- America’s Next Top Model: Season 22 (8/6)
- Angel, Alien and UFO Encounters from Another Dimension (8/6)
- Antiviral (8/6)
- Ferocious Planet (8/6)
- Flash Gordon (8/6)
- Hello! How Are You? (8/6)
- Iceland Aurora (8/6)
- My Amityville Horror (8/6)
- Real Fear: The Truth Behind the Movies (8/6)
- Sharpshooter (8/6)
- Still (8/6)
- The Poseidon Adventure (8/6)
- The Poseidon Adventure (8/6)
- The Poseidon Adventure (8/6)
- Tim & Eric’s Bedtime Stories: Season 1 (8/8)
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: Season 15 (8/28)
- Kevin Hart Presents: Keith Robinson – Back of the Bus Funny (8/28)
Take your binge-watching to a whole new level with the IOGEAR Wireless Mobile and PC to HDTV – WiDi and Miracast Adapter, that allows you to wirelessly stream movies from your phone to your TV.
- Supports wireless 1080p HD video and 5.1 surround sound
- Latest Wi-Fi technology – Works with Intel® WiDi and Miracast™ Certified Devices*
- Supports iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch and Android Phones and Tablets
- Great home solution for living room / home theater setups, bedrooms and office
- Plug and Play – Fast and easy to use
Happy August binge-watching!
Music festival season and summer concert series are right around the corner. This means long hours watching your favorite bands and looking up lyrics and trying to find your friends when you lose them at the pretzel stand. I asked some of our coworkers what the biggest bummer is when their battery runs out on their devices and here is the list:
- Trying to get in contact with friends when you get lost
- Meet up with your friends at the venue that you didn’t drive with
- Call Uber/Lyft/Taxi after the event
- camera/GoPro dies so you can’t capture all the memorable moments of your night
- your electronic cigarettes die
Then we asked, “What is a necessity to bring to the event so you have a carefree experience?”
One common trend on all of these social media websites are hashtags. Hashtags are EVERYWHERE. I even had a friend the other day say the word basic and make a hashtag out of their fingers, I mean come on, and do you need to hashtag our convo, does that really add any value? Well whether it did or didn’t is still debatable. So since it is almost the end of 2014 we decided to round up the top hashtags that are used on social media.
Are you curious what Apple has in store for 2015? We were too, so we did some research to see what surprise and treats we could start getting excited for, check out our list and let us know your thoughts!
- iPhone 6s & iPhone 6S +, these are bound to happen, same phone better inside working system!
- Apple Watch will debut; will Apple survive in wearable tech?
- Apple pay will force more and more retailers in to enabling NFC. This also means that Apple will probably open the platform up to third-party companies as well
- Apple will integrate more in to healthcare, is this because of Steve Jobs being sick in his last years? Who knows, but this will definitely begin to be a big player!
- There will not be an actual Apple TV, they will update their TV set-top box but they will not sell full blown Apple TV’s.
- OSX will update to become more like iOS
What updates do you wish Apple would make? How about updates to their phones or systems. What updates to their computers do you want to see? Maybe a new model?
Sound off in the comments and let us know your thoughts!
Mac Verse PC
Recently in the office we were trying out some new products and I automatically reached for the Mac, after a few comments about PC and Mac I decided that I needed to do some more research so next time this argument comes up I have more backing because just saying “Mac is better” clearly did not win me the argument. I scavenged so many sites about pros and cons and of course the typical ecosystem argument comes up, which I have to say is a huge reason I always go for Apple products, but before my entire room looked like I just left the Apple store I did use PC’s, I mean really what changed my mind, was it the awesome marketing or was it really the software and hardware of the products… I don’t know, jury is still out on that but let’s get to the nitty gritty of pros and cons of these items!
Microsoft Office for iPhone… it is now here & it’s free?!
When Microsoft Office originally came out for iPhone everyone was pretty disappointed. Let’s be real, no one was happy with it. It had only a few editing tools and constantly messed up the layout. To correct this problem, Microsoft is completely getting rid of Office Mobile and allowing customers to download three iPhone apps: Word, Excel and PowerPoint. This will be exactly how it is on the iPad. Some great additions to the iPhone apps:
- In Excel there is a full view version where readers can view the file without worrying that they will accidentally press a button and erase the whole thing.
- In word, the Ribbon for the keyboard is at the bottom so it is out of the way and view while users are on the word app unless they need to type.
How to be the CHAMPION of your day!
Sometimes when we get in a routine we forget how great life is and we go through the motions, this isn’t always the best way to live. You can become distracted and frustrated, unable to complete simple tasks.
So here is a healthy reminder of how to have the best day/week ever!
Being more efficient while using your computer can save you time. When someone asks for help in doing research or just about anything else in general while at their computer, I will stand behind them with utter frustration as I see them using slow techniques. While I keep my mouth shut, I always want to show them shortcuts. In this post, I wanted to share some of the shortcuts I use and ways to be more efficient.
Depending on your usage with a computer, this post can be useless. For those of you that depend on your computer during most of your workday, this may save you time, keystrokes, and possibly carpel tunnel. Keep in mind that this post is for the PC and not Mac.
There are so many apps and different forms of communication that you can use to get a hold of a friend or send a funny message. Sometimes texting just doesn’t get the hilarity of the story across and you do not necessarily have time or want to talk on the phone. Or maybe you are traveling abroad and you want to check in back home without breaking the bank, there are a million and one reasons to download some of these apps! Check out our list of top ways of communication on your cell phones!
In today’s world of “being social”, we’ve evolved into more of an interpersonal digital social communication with those around us. If we think back, before personal technology we walked around and greeted people with a hello, had small chats with those around us, road our bikes and went to play with someone. We’d play in the back yard, front yard, go to the park or to another friend’s house because they just got something new to play with. It was a time of being creative / constructive with our hands and feet; giving us the need to use our brains and apply ourselves while being outdoors with something tangible. It opened up a world of creativity, personal / social skills and real world character building activities for each of us.